A Return to Face to Face Scouting
Scouts SA has continuously monitored the progress and response to COVID-19 in our community, including in June/July 2020 of the lifting of restrictions on organisations and businesses.
Our return to face to face Scouting is developed in conjunction with advice from the Federal and State Government. There may be need to adjust this roadmap as new announcements come out, and this page will be the reference point for all updates.
To support this return a number of resources and references are available from this page.
All Units, Groups, Activity Teams and areas have an important role to play in being prepared and ensuring appropriate measures and plans are in place to reduce risk of spread of Covid-19.
The following resources have been prepared or links provided to existing resources for your use.
These resources will be provided to each Group as part of a pack from Branch
- Welcome back to Scouting poster for halls
- Maximum number in this area poster for halls / rooms
- Sign – Handwashing
- Sign – Keep your distance
- COVID-19 Pack: Available from your District based meeting soon
- Contact Tracing Record of attendance at activities
- Area Closed sign
- *NEW* Action Chart – What to do if someone tests positive for COVID-19 in your formation/group.
Roadmap to Return
The roadmap for return of face to face Scouting in SA is based on a number of key factors that see us return in a safe, measured and considered way to face to face Scouting.
As a Group/Team what do I need to do?
- Please review the Checklist and start the preparations to ensure your Hall is ready for a return to Face to Face Scouting.
- At the conclusion of your scheduled District Presentation, all Group Leaders will receive a link to the online version of this document to complete.
- Scouts SA will use these completed checklists to finalise a SA Government ?COVID-Safe Plan? on behalf of each Group.
- A copy of the COVID-Safe Plan and a ?COVID-Safe Plan – Record of Completion? will be emailed to you by your District Commissioner within 48 hours of completion.
- Please review the Checklist and start the preparations to ensure your activity is ready for a return to Face to Face Scouting.
- Complete the checklist online when provided the link from your relevant Assistant Chief Commissioner
- If requested, complete a group/hall checklist
Prior to recommencing face to face activities or use of our halls/facilities Groups will need to complete a checklist for endorsement by their District Commmissioner and provision of a COVID Safe-Plan certification from Scout HQ.
The checklist is available here for viewing prior to completion of the online checklist which will be used to produce a SA Government COVID-Safe plan.
Any questions should be directed to
- Groups through to your District Commissioner
- Activity Teams through to your Assistant Chief Commissioner
- For any questions that can not be answered from here please email firstname.lastname@example.org?