The 2020 Community recreation and sports facilities Grants are opening soon.
Funding is available at a dollar for dollar basis (up to 50%). Through this program funding is available to assist organisations:
- Construct or upgrade an active recreation and sport facility or multi-use sports hub.
- Modifications to ensure that an existing facility meets environmental and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Major upgrades to playing surfaces such as court resurfacing, installation of playing field irrigation systems/drainage systems.
- Installation of floodlighting.
- Construction/development of trails (walking, horse, bike, water-based).
- Water and energy saving initiatives including water harvesting, installation of new or upgrades to existing irrigation infrastructure, connection to existing water infrastructure (e.g. Glenelg Adelaide Pipeline), more efficient lighting, installation of solar panels and other innovative smart technologies.
Please note that the list above are example projects that may be funded.
The list is by no means exhaustive and applications for other projects that meet the objectives of the program are welcome.
Where applicable all projects must also meet relevant State Sporting Organisation and Australian Standards (e.g. change room dimensions)
If you have a facilities project coming up and would like to discuss funding please contact Kathrine Hastwell at email@example.com